Women in Aviation General Assembly – Second Edition
The Women In Aviation Middle East 2017 General Assembly and Student Career Orientation Programme will be held on 15th May 2017, alongside the 17th edition of the Airport Show Dubai at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Empowering women in highly skilled roles is a major initiative of the GCC governments and a key element of their economic diversification strategy.
Women In Aviation Middle East supports the UAE leadership’s vision to empower women across all sectors of the workforce. The event will feature an exclusive General Assembly on the opening day of Airport Show – highlighting the achievements of women in aviation globally, opportunities for them in the region and case studies on how to integrate them further into the region’s aviation workforce.
Women In Aviation Middle East is being run in partnership with key global aviation entities and leading UAE universities and vocational colleges. The event will be attended by:
- Inspirational female aviation professionals from within the Arab world and internationally
- Key aviation officials from across the region
- Senior women managers working in aviation and aerospace across the Middle East
- Female students at colleges &universities providing aviation, aerospace and engineering qualifications
- Heads of HR at regional aviation businesses and government entities
Panelists included are:
- Talar Faiq – Director General of Erbil International Airport
- Dina Beljaflah – Vice President CEO Office, Aerospace & Engineering Services, A Mubadala Company
- Captain Hanadi Zakaria Al Hindi – The only woman pilot in Saudi Arabia
- Captain Alia Al Twal – Pilot in Royal Jordanian
- Roula Droubi – Regional Director Government, Industry & Community Engagement, Boeing International amongst others.